Sunday, July 16, 2017

House Calls!

No, I do not go to people's houses to perform services, but my house was calling for some major attention Saturday! After a full week of having plenty of things to do everywhere but home, my house was in dire need of some attention!

Now let me tell you, I have had plenty of people ask me why I don't get someone to help around the house since I'm always out and about. Well, my own mother would probably be VERY disappointed in me if I were to do that! I can already hear her, "your house will always need to be your first priority Marisa!" All week though that priority gets casually pushed aside as I take care of any and everything else that needs done! But my weekend is dedicated to my house now!
Let me tell you, I am in for a big one this weekend! I managed to clean bathrooms, living rooms, and kitchen yesterday but still have my fair share of work cut out. My laundry has grown to be two big mounds of dirtiness.  If you're a mother of boys you know they go through clothes just about as quick as they would through a bag of candy! And since my husband is out of town right now I have a little less than usual, but still it's a whole other mound to do! Luckily, my oldest son who is six now, helps out!
He manages to clean his room, vacuum, feed the dogs, and fold a bit of laundry! Now, is all of this done perfectly? No, not at all, but he really tries and he does do a pretty good job! Especially going after my two-year-old who manages to tear up anything we have made progress on!
So, my weekend is pretty much staying indoors and catching up house work! Doesn't sound like much, but after spending all week anywhere but home until late afternoon, doing house work is almost a form of meditation! And doing the major jobs that I don't do during the week is very much needed! How do you spend your weekends? Are you a home-body also, or would you rather stay outside? Either way, remember to always do what makes you happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment