Wednesday, July 12, 2017

To-Do Tuesday

So Tuesday was a great example of my day to day life and trying to work around everything. Things on my to-do list for Tuesday were: go to work, meet with my insurance adjuster, take my son to his ENT appointment two hours away, do some homework, and get back in time to teach my Zumba class in the afternoon.
To Do's by Courtney Dirks licensed under CC by 2.0


Work is simple for me, it comes naturally and doesn't really require much. I am a referral coordinator for the clinic in my local small town. This clinic has a pediatrician, two main family doctors, and two nurse practitioners. So basically I take care of all outgoing referrals for everyone but the pediatrician because his nurse does her own referrals. Anyone else's referrals, however, I take care of including all of the lovely paperwork and pre-authorizations that come along with them. I also upload medical records needed and basically any other busy work handed to me. Yes, mainstream and fairly easy.
Now, out of the boring! So this past weekend I had the lovely incident of hitting a pothole in a construction cite on the way home. Just a pothole, right? Why is this of any importance or why should it involve my insurance adjuster? Well, this lovely pothole caused my shocks to go out, which made every airbag in my vehicle (front to back except for two) deploy, it made the lights in my headliner pop out, my A/C quit working, seat belts locked, and my hazard lights will not shut off. For once in my life time I was going speed limit because I realized how terrible these potholes are on that highway, and still they caused all of that damage, so I still have yet to hear what will happen to my Cadillac, but so far we are looking at it possibly being totaled. My only decent working vehicle and now I am wondering what in the world I will do because my truck needs a new engine to function properly also. So, all in all my vehicle dilemma is a work in progress!
Now, my oldest son had to have his tonsils and adenoids extracted about two weeks ago because they were causing him to have sleep apnea. If you don't know what sleep apnea is, it is a condition that makes you quit breathing in the middle of your sleep which causes your brain to have to wake up during resting auto-pilot mode and remind your lungs to breathe because something is either obstructing your airway or making your lungs forget to breathe. Well my son's tonsils have been HUGE for quite some time now which have caused this little dilemma for him, and being a mother you know: if your son snores VERY loudly and quits breathing in the middle of the night, you are going to freak out a bit! Luckily now, however, he is sleeping soundly, no more restless nights, and we have gotten over the bad/ stinky breath stage of his recovery (thank the Lord)! His appointment though was two hours away from my small town, so in order to make all things fit I worked just a bit in the morning, met with my adjuster, and quickly took off to his follow up appointment.
Now, being in the great city of Amarillo you cannot simply go and come back without enjoying some of the stores, Starbucks, and any restaurant that serves a good steak! But being on a time constraint due to my afternoon Zumba class, I only got to enjoy Chick-fil-A and Starbucks. Not what I would have wanted but my kiddos did and I was happy to get a quick bite and come back to small town USA.
Question: have you ever attended a Zumba class? They are sooooo uplifting it is hard to explain the energy and well being you absorb from a class! I have the privilege of teaching a class in a nearby small town, and let me tell you, my students are the best! I am not only saying this because it's my class and I have to. No. As an instructor I literally feed off of everyone energy and they are always so positive everyone is encouraging and no one ever judges one another! Teaching this class is not only a great work-out but also a great social hour and the accountability of everyone constantly keeps you on track!
Finally my day winds down with more school work, cleaning the house, watering my plants and lawn, and putting my two great boys to bed. Putting them to bed is always a task in its own since out of the blue they will be thirsty, have a full bladder, and are simply the neediest people on earth! Their excuses to keep from going to bed always crack me up! Just another reward of being a mother!
So yes, this is my typical day, and through it all I must remain w
ith a positive attitude and outlook, because the moment my mindset goes south, well lets just say momma's wrath is not a pretty sight!
So, how do you keep busy? Better yet, what helps you get through your busy day such as my typical Mom day? Do you have something inspirational or a class that helps you unwind? I'd love to hear how all the happy wives and moms out there keep themselves up and running! Have a great week y'all, and I will be in sync again here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment